Monday, February 25, 2013

Caligramme: Under the Sea

I created a octopus using different sizes of the same font. I used different sizes of the font to help with the clarity of the image. The smaller the font is the shaper the lines turned out. I wanted to take something kind of complex and simplify it as much as I could. I chose the color purple because it is a common color that people associate with octopus. It says "under the sea"


I also did a caligramme of my favorite musician Jared Watson. In addition to the text tools, I used clipping masks to help form the shapes and the text together. The words I chose to use were "stand tall" it is the title of one of the bands popular songs. I actually have "Stand Tall" tattooed on my foot, so the saying actually has a lot of meaning to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment